SPOKANE, Wash. - Hoopfest 2019 is officially underway.
The largest 3-on-3 tournament in the world and one of Spokane's greatest traditions kicked off bright and early Saturday morning.
Hoopfest has been the staple of Spokane since 1990- and for good reason. This year's event features over 6,000 teams, 3,000 volunteers, 225,000 fans and 450 courts spanning 45 city blocks. With the event's popularity each year, it's easy to see why Spokane has taken on the name 'Hooptown, USA.'
Take a look at some of the teams playing in this year's tournament HERE.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Thief steals Spokane father's truck with his entire business in the back
- Local fire district is now recruiting
- A cooler, almost Christmassy weekend
- Looking to buy a home? It's tough for buyers right now, but a good market for sellers
- Air 4 Adventure: Ski Edition
- Spokane Police, Eastern State bridge gap on helping those in crisis