SPOKANE, Wash. - When Spokane Police responded to an armed robbery at a convenience store in northeast Spokane Tuesday night, they learned the suspect had already fled, thanks to the quick-thinking owner behind the counter.
The owner of Hai's Mini Mart on N. Market tells kxly4 exactly what he did after a robbery suspect pulled a knife on him Tuesday night.
"He said, 'Give me money!', and then I knew exactly what to do," said Tan Ho, the store owner who happened to be behind the cash register Tuesday night. "I pulled out my gun - like this - and I pointed it right at him, and he ran."
The suspect ran off but without any money. He's described as male, around 5'5" wearing a black hoodie and white pants. His face was completely covered and Ho wasn't able to identify his race.
Ho said he's always prepared to defend himself, adding that he scared another armed robber out his store about a year ago.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Moses Lake Police arrest man who fell asleep in stolen car
Remember the three Ws today: what a windy Wednesday
- Moses Lake Police arrest man who fell asleep in stolen car
- Inmate who walked away from hospital found, booked into jail
- Man accused of filming women in N. Spokane store changing room
- Missing 75-year-old woman found safe
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins