Some people are dog people. If that's not you, today's a day to celebrate. It's National Cat Day.
Sponsors of National Cat Day say this is a good day to bring a furry bundle of joy home, by adopting a cat or kitten in need.
This day was created in 2005 by Colleen Paige, a pet lifestyle expert and animal welfare spokeswoman.
Organizers say more than a million cats have been adopted since then.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- Montana boy found safe, AMBER Alert canceled
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'See you in court': Family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race