SPOKANE, Wash. - Voters are one step closer to electing several new leaders to the Spokane City Council.
Spokane City Council President
Breean Beggs and Cynthia Wendle lead the Spokane City Council President race.
Beggs is leading with 35 percent of votes, while Wendle is close behind with 31 percent.
Current City Councilman Mike Fagan is in third with 27 percent of votes.
Beggs posted the following message to his Facebook page:
Spokane City Council District 1
As of 8:30 p.m., Timothy Benn and Michael Cathcart are leading the race with 25 percent and 24 percent of votes. Naghmana Sherazi is close behind with 17 percent.
Spokane City Council District 2
Lori Kinnear is leading the race in District 2 with 59 percent of votes. Anthony Kiepe follows in second with 23 percent.
Spokane City Council District 3
Karen Stratton leads in District 3 with 49 percent of votes. Andy Rathbun follows in second with 24 percent. Jeffrey Martin is in third with 13 percent.
Walmart car seat exchange ends early due to 'overwhelming' participation
Spokane Police detain two people after shooting in North Hill neighborhood
- Walmart car seat exchange ends early due to 'overwhelming' participation
- Highway 200 crash sends car into river, driver rescued
- Fire ignites propane tanks in northeast Spokane garage; firefighters contain the flames
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- South Carolina newspaper facing massive backlash after 'Hilinski's Hope' headline
- Washington State is bumped from AP Top 25 and Coaches Poll