SANDPOINT, Idaho - A north Idaho man who authorities say engaged in a drug-fueled crime spree that crossed state lines was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
27-year-old Steven Michael Gervasi was sentenced Tuesday. The Bonner Daily Bee says he reached a plea agreement, which reduced the charges against him to aggravated assault on a law officer, burglary, grand theft, unlawful firearm possession and methamphetamine possession.
Gervasi was charged with a number of crimes in Idaho and Washington. Authorities say the crime spree started with a burglary, a robbery, a shooting and arson in rural Idaho in May 2016.
A Bonner County deputy then pursued Gervasi into eastern Washington. Authorities say Gervasi fired upon the deputy and escaped. He was arrested a few days later.
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors
- Bitter cold no match for dog owners
- Getting your car and home ready for freezing temperatures
- City council president teases proposal to tax gun sales