HAYDEN, Idaho - An early Sunday morning bar fight led to the death of a Hayden man.
At 1:40 a.m., Kootenai County Sheriff's deputies responded to the Tipsy Pine bar, near 8100 N. Government Way, for a reported shooting. They found a 45-year-old man, who has still not been identified, lying in the parking lot with a gunshot wound.
The man was taken to Kootenai Health where he was pronounced dead.
Witness told deputies the man had been in an altercation in the bar earlier in the night with 33-year-old Scott M. White, of Coeur d' Alene. The fight led outside to the parking lot, where witnesses say White shot the man.
According to the Kooteani County Sheriff's Office, when people inside the bar heard the shooting, "another bar patron retrieved his gun and detained the suspect until deputies arrived."
White was arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder.
A release from KCSO Sunday morning said, "The name of the victim will be released once notifications to family have been made. As this is an ongoing investigation, further details will be released when they are available."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Fire ignites propane tanks in northeast Spokane garage; firefighters contain the flames
- Spokane man thanks Apple Watch for saving father's life
- South Carolina newspaper facing massive backlash after 'Hilinski's Hope' headline
- Washington State is bumped from AP Top 25 and Coaches Poll
- Rathdrum man dies in crash near Twin Lakes
- Local firefighters experiencing volunteer shortage