LEWISTON, Idaho - A Grangeville man was killed Friday morning after he struck the guardrail on his motorcycle while riding on U.S. Route 12 near Myrtle, Idaho.
65-year-old Mario P. Garateix was traveling westbound on Highway 12 on his motorcycle at milepost 19 when he struck a guardrail while attempting to negotiate a curve. Garteix lost control of his motorcycle and was thrown from the bike.
Garateix was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash and succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
The crash blocked the highway for an hour and a half at the time.
- Spokane Valley firefighters prevent brush fire from spreading
- Troopers investigate fatal crash in Stevens County
- Brush fire in Quincy now contained
- Goats mow down weeds in Liberty Lake
- Lucky Friday miners on strike, claiming unfair labor practices
- City of Spokane, Catholic Charities announce overnight shelter changes