MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins and University of Idaho’s Taylor Pierce are headed to Minneapolis to participate in this year’s 3-point championship.
Perkins made 53 three-pointers in the 2018-19 season. Throughout his career at GU, he made 251 three-pointers, which ranks fifth all-time in program history.
This year, Pierce set a Big Sky record with 318 career 3-pointers. She also ranked second in the Big Sky, shooting 40.4 percent from the 3-point range.
Both Perkins and Pierce will go up against seven of their peers. The 3-point championship airs alongside the slam dunk championship Thursday at 6 p.m. on ESPN.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Strong winds and showers move into region Sunday
- Spokane brewery takes home award at international competition
- Woman arrested for leading ISP and SCSO deputies on pursuit across state lines
- Local Memorial Day celebrations set to take place
- Campers brave wet start to Memorial Day Weekend
- 16-year-old girl charged with DUI, vehicular assault, in Spokane Valley crash