MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins and University of Idaho’s Taylor Pierce are headed to Minneapolis to participate in this year’s 3-point championship.
Perkins made 53 three-pointers in the 2018-19 season. Throughout his career at GU, he made 251 three-pointers, which ranks fifth all-time in program history.
This year, Pierce set a Big Sky record with 318 career 3-pointers. She also ranked second in the Big Sky, shooting 40.4 percent from the 3-point range.
Both Perkins and Pierce will go up against seven of their peers. The 3-point championship airs alongside the slam dunk championship Thursday at 6 p.m. on ESPN.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
Pullman Police in standoff with domestic violence suspect on Military Hill
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery