SPOKANE, Wash. - March Madness is upon us yet again and Selection Sunday is the start of it all.
The Gonzaga Men's Basketball Team was given a #4 Seed in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament on Sunday.
This means the men will face UNC Greensboro in the West region in Boise, Idaho for their first game on Thursday, March 15.
The men clinched a spot in the "Big Dance" after their win over BYU in the final game of the WCC Tournament this year. With that win, the men also gained their 17th WCC Title in 24 years.
While UNC Greensboro may not seem like an immediate threat, GU will potentially match up with Ohio State and Xavier who are usually strong opponents in this tournament.
The Bulldogs have a long road ahead of them if they wish to make it to the Final 4 again, but some experts have already voiced their picks for the semi-finals and the Bulldogs are among the teams.
Gonzaga lost some valuable players last year, but has maintained the aggressive play style that they exhibited at the end of last season.
Hopefully, the Zags can pull out another Final 4 and Championship appearance this time around, but if not, their season will still have been another one for the books.
The Zags game on Thursday will air at 10:20 a.m. on TNT.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day