SPOKANE, Wash. - A recent Gonzaga University graduate will be competing for the title of Miss America this weekend in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Danamarie McNicholl, a 2017 graduate of Gonzaga, will be representing Washington state as she competes for Miss America 2019. In early July, McNicholl was named Miss Washington 2018 and received a $10,000 scholarship from the Miss Washington Scholarship Organization.
Before winning Miss Washington, McNicholl worked as a television news reporter in Spokane.
You can watch Miss America 2019 on kxly4 Sunday night at 9 p.m.
You can read her full bio here.
Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Spokane childcare providers worried over new state requirements
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries