KAMIAH, Idaho - Get ready for some winter fun! Winter season at Lolo Pass Visitor Center, located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests along Highway 12 at the Idaho–Montana state line, will begin Saturday, December 2.
Winter Recreation Passes will be required at all times when parking at Lolo Pass Visitor Center. Day passes are $5 or a bundle of five passes cost $20 with a season passes costing $35.
Passes can be purchased at the visitor center during regular hours of operation. After hours, day passes can be purchased at the front door of the visitor center for exact cash or check.
Day passes and season passes can also be purchased in Missoula at The Trail Head on Front Street, the Lolo National Forest office at Fort Missoula, and the Lolo Hot Springs along Highway 12.
Cross–country ski trail and snowmobile trail grooming will begin as soon as there is enough snow to safely allow the groomer to access Lolo Pass. Grooming updates can be found on the Lolo Pass Visitor Center Facebook page: search for “Discover Your Northwest – Lolo Pass Visitor Center.”
During winter season, dogs are not allowed east of Highway 12 in the Lolo Pass area. All dogs in the parking lot must be leashed. Please be respectful of other visitors and pick up after your dogs.
Lolo Pass Visitor Center is currently operating on its winter schedule. The visitor center is open Thursday through Monday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (PST).
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events
- Spokane Valley teens hope to help thousands of people with new driving technology
- City of Spokane passes its budget for next year
- Thieves break into cars outside local daycare facilities
- Shipping deadlines fast approaching to get packages delivered by Christmas
- Ice ribbon hosts Yoga on Ice every Tuesday