SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. - A Spokane County woman was fatally injured Friday morning in a freak car accident in East Spokane County.
Spokane County Sheriff's deputies responded to the 11700 block of N. Forker Rd. at 7:40 a.m. for the report of a vehicle with a driver who appeared to be severely injured.
Initial information indicates a 59-year-old woman stopped on her long rural driveway and began exiting the vehicle. However, the vehicle remained in gear and started to roll. The woman stayed with the vehicle but wasn't able to make it back inside to regain control. The vehicle rolled down the driveway and crashed into a fence.
The driver sustained severe injured and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Cocaine found with bananas at 3 Washington state stores
- Attorney General Bob Ferguson to run for re-election
- Jay Inslee announces he will run for a third term as governor
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee to announce run for 3rd term
- SPD: Man steals U-Haul, leads officers on chase, then hides in rafters of N. Spokane garage
- Montana boy found safe, AMBER Alert canceled