SPOKANE, Wash. - Four people were injured in a fire at the Regal Heights apartment complex on Spokane's South Hill late Wednesday night. Spokane Firefighters said they were able to rescue two dogs from the scene.
KXLY4's Taylor Graham posted updates from the scene.
Crews are starting to head home after knocking down an apartment fire at the Regal Heights complex on the South Hill. Cause under investigation. Three people with minor injuries. @kxly4news pic.twitter.com/AIPmzJpl13— Taylor Graham (@TaylorKXLY) April 25, 2019
The first call for the fire came at 10:38 p.m.
Firefighters arrived to find flames in a second-floor apartment. The fire spread to the third floor before firefighters could put it out, though a quick attack made short work of it once they got started.
Less than an hour after they arrived, firefighters were in mop-up phase, going through the complex making sure there was no hidden fire or hot spots.
The four people who were injured were all treated for minor injuries and smoke inhalation. None of them had to go to the hospital.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Veterans & their families can ride the Looff Carrousel for free today
- Top local headlines this Veterans Day
- Veterans Day 2019: Free parking downtown, garbage & recycling on normal schedule
- Spokane Valley firefighters rescue bicyclist
- It won't be dry for long, a storm system is moving in again!
- 'What was taken is not replaceable': Spokane couple targeted in home break-in