SPOKANE, Wash. - In the wake of a child abuse tragedy, one family is advocating for ending child abuse in Spokane County.
It's been almost a year since 10-month-old Caiden Henry was found in his crib. Police say his babysitter was responsible. Joshua Mobley is charged with second degree murder.
Now, his family is calling for change. They believe part of the solution to ending child abuse is more access to Affordable Child Care, especially for parents who work odd hours when many child care centers are closed.
On Tuesday, Kxly4 Morning Anchor Robyn Nance will moderate a community forum called “It shouldn't hurt to be a child in Spokane.”
The forum will focus on ending child abuse in Spokane County.
It runs from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Excelsior on Indian Trail Road.
- Tarana Burke and Ronan Farrow bring national conversation to Gonzaga's campus
- Washington Policy Center brings unbiased debate on mainstream issues to Gonzaga
- Second suspect pleads guilty to role in murder of Bo Kirk
- Police emphasize safety when selling items online after couple robbed at gunpoint
- Teen who helped cover up killing of Pullman student sentenced
- Meals on Wheels running on empty