SPOKANE, Wash - When the Super Bowl commercials run Sunday night across the country, people in Spokane will see a familiar face: former KXLY reporter Kirk Hawkins.
Hawkins, who worked as a reporter on KXLY4's Good Morning Northwest between 2004 and 2007, appears as a news anchor in a commercial for Amazon's Alexa. According to Amazon's blog, the ad will air in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game.
Hawkins' name might be familiar in the Inland Northwest, but the others in the commercial might bring a little more name recognition. Celebrities in the ad include Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, rapper Cardi B and Sir Anthony Hopkins.
Hawkins makes his home in Los Angeles now, where he has worked as a news reporter. He also sells real estate. He's appeared in other movies and TV, including a recent episode of Scandal on ABC.
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope