According to the Spokane Regional Health District, Spokane County's number of hospitalizations and deaths due to flu have now surpassed numbers seen in the previous two worst flu seasons of 2009-2010, and 2014-2015.
Of those who have died in Spokane County, the vast majority were 65 years or older, were unvaccinated, or had underlying health conditions.
430 flu hospitalizations have occurred within Spokane County this season.132 flu deaths have been reported in Washington State for this season. 23 deaths have been reported in Spokane County.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW