SPOKANE, Wash. - According to the Spokane Regional Health District, two more local deaths due to flu have been reported, bringing Spokane's total flu deaths this season to 29.
437 hospitalizations have been reported within Spokane County this season, and 178 deaths due to flu have been reported in Washington State for this season.
Spokane County's number of hospitalizations and deaths due to flu have now surpassed numbers seen in the previous two worst flu seasons of 2009-2010, and 2014-2015, making this the worst flu season on record in Spokane County.
This year's vaccine effectiveness is estimated to be around 36 percent overall.
- Pullman teenager sentenced in killing of high school student
- KXLY4's anchors named as favorites in Inlander's "Best of" edition
- Made in the Northwest: Cygnus
- UPDATE: Police activity cleared in Logan neighborhood
- Students from 7 to 17 plan Spokane's March For Our Lives
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards