SPOKANE, Wash. - The TJ Meenach Bridge closed Thursday night due to debris in the roadway.
The City of Spokane said crews were headed to the scene to pick up the debris, which flushed into the roadway following the rain and thunderstorms in the area.
TJ Meenach Dr is CLOSED at NW Blvd. above where this huge chunk of the hillside gave way. You can still see the debris on the road. pic.twitter.com/o8sMCwobhJ— KXLY 4 News (@kxly4news) May 17, 2019
TJ Meenach is closed south of Northwest Boulevard as crews work to clean up debris that washed down the hill. Motorists should use other routes. #SpokaneStreets— City of Spokane (@SpokaneCity) May 17, 2019
City crews are hoping to reopen the bridge in time for Friday morning commutes. More equipment and crews are on the way, but there is no garaunteed time yet for when the bridge will reopen.
We will continue to post updates here.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Garfield Elementary second grader set to compete at Braille Challenge National Finals
Before venturing on the lake, here are some boating safety tips
- Longtime NIC baseball coach Jack Bloxom passes away
- Two people rescued near Long Bridge in Sandpoint
- Life of Shianne Soles honored with 21 gun salute at funeral service
- A look at tonight's Armed Forces Torchlight Parade route
- Driver blows through stop sign in Spokane Valley, causes accident
- Defense: FBI found no link between Instagram account, devices from LCHS threat suspect's home