SPOKANE, Wash. - Grab your fishing pole! You can fish for free in both Washington and Idaho next week.
"Free Fishing Weekend," made possible by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, runs from June 8-9. There is no need for a fishing license, vehichle access pass or discover pass, but other rules still apply.
Make sure you check the regulations on size limits, bag limits, catch record card requirements and area closures that will still be in effect. Learn more here.
• Trout Fishing Derby: More than 100 lakes across Washington will be stocked with trout. There will be over 1,000 prizes totaling over $39,000 for those who participate throughout the weekend.
In Idaho, you can fish for free on Saturday, June 8. Fish and Game personnel, as well as volunteers, will be set up at several free events throughout the state to help first-timers.
North Idaho Events:
A variety of events and derbies will be held at the following locations:
• Snow Creek Pond
• Priest Lake Golf Course
• Round Lake
• Rathdrum City Park Stream
• Post Falls Park Pond
• Ponderosa Springs Golf Course Pond
• Steamboat Pond
• Gene Day Pond
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries
- Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development
- Vandals cause significant damage to SpokAnimal vet clinic during attempted break-in
- Washington State University ranks 23rd in national Top 25 poll
- Work release inmate walks away from Valley Hospital