SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police and the Spokane Fire Department are investigating a series of small fires that took place Tuesday afternoon in Spokane.
According to the Spokane Police Department, uniformed personnel responded to reports of a fire in the 600 block of N Riverpoint Blvd. They arrived to find several burnt areas leading up to a larger fire, police said.
The fire had spread through the bushes and onto a yard, but firefighters were able to extinguish it without damage to any buildings.
One man, who witnesses reported was acting suspicious in the area, was arrested on unrelated charges.
This is an ongoing investigation.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Up close and personal with sturgeon: WDFW bringing them back from the brink in Lake Roosevelt
New North Idaho bakery will employ, support people with disabilities
- Up close and personal with sturgeon: WDFW bringing them back from the brink in Lake Roosevelt
- New North Idaho bakery will employ, support people with disabilities
- Level 1 Advisory issued for fire burning near Okanogan
- City of Spokane is hosting a public meeting on the proposed homeless shelter
- Extreme Team builds dream yard for little girl battling rare syndrome
- Spokane City Council considering resolution to return police precinct to downtown