DEER PARK, Wash. - An early morning fire severely damaged a home south of Deer Park Friday.
Spokane County Fire District 4 responded to the 3500 block of Owens Rd. just after 5:10 a.m.
Fire District 4 tells KXLY one woman was inside the house. She woke up to popping sounds and then saw flames. The woman and her pets were able to get out of the house safely.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Firefighters say they saved valuable time getting to the home because snow had been plowed from the driveway.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Man accused of filming women in N. Spokane store changing room
- Inmate who walked away from hospital found, booked into jail
- Missing 75-year-old woman found safe
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing