PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - The Pierce County Sheriff's Department reports that a 33-year-old mother, her 4-year-old daughter, and 2-year-old son are all dead following a murder-suicide near the city of Spanaway early this morning.
The suspect is the 29-year-old father of the two children, who PCSD says called 911 to report the murders before killing himself.
The Pierce County Sheriff reports that the man was a member of the air force, stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
The children, a boy and a girl, were each under 5 years old. Both the children are believed to have been shot while they were sleeping. The mother was also shot while in bed, according to the sheriff's department.
There is no known motive for the shootings, and investigators say a background check of the home showed that there had been no previous problems at the residence.
KOMO News reports the father is from Florida and the mother is from New Hampshire.
Information from: KOMO News
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day