OKANOGAN CO., Wash. - Washington State Patrol responded to a fatal, two-car crash, just south of Carlton in Okanogan County.
The crash has blocked the southbound lane of State Route 153, two miles south of Carlton.
WSP reported that it happened on State Route 153 about two miles south of Carlton. Clayton M. Thornton was driving northbound when he crossed the center line as he came around a corner. He collided with a vehicle carrying two people in the other lane.
Everyone involved was wearing a seatbelt. The two people in the other car were not seriously injured, and were treated and released, according to WSP. Clayton died on scene.
Trooper John Bryant said the cause of the crash is under investigation, but initial reports indicate impairment was not a factor.
#Update: Driver of one vehicle deceased at scene. Both occupants of other vehicle treated at scene and released. Initial investigation indicates driver impairment not a factor. Cause under investigation. Traffic being alternated at scene. No photos available.— Trooper John Bryant (@wspd6pio) October 28, 2019
The crash blocked both lanes for several hours. Closures have since been lifted.
- Remembering the 2015 windstorm four years later
- Firefighters prevent early morning fire from spreading
- Native American tribes seeing many cases of murdered, missing indigenous women
- Weekend rain brings snow to local mountains
- Rain, rain, go away! We're in store for more wet and cold weather
- Historic Coeur d'Alene home wheeled down city streets