LINCOLN Co., Wash. - A driver died near Davenport on Friday when his car hit a ditch and traveled through the air and into the side of a cliff, according to Washington State Patrol.
Troopers said 49-year-old Leon Tabor was driving westbound on State Route 28 when his car left the roadway near milepost 123.
According to WSP, Tabor's car travelled through a ditch and was launched 100 feet into the air, stopping when it hit the side of a rock cliff.
WSP is investigating the cause of the crash.
A foggy morning but a slightly warmer day expected Thursday
Top headlines to start your Wednesday
- Hillyard couple fed up with RV parked outside home, demands answers from city
- No charges to be filed against Spokane Police officer in July use of force incident
- Spokane Police Guild weighs in on crime, homeless crisis
- Homeowner speaks up after neighbors make complaints against him and his backyard
- Dog with tumor gets survivor scarf from WSU
- Police: College Place teen writes about killing mother, attacking high school