SPOKANE, Wash. - The family of an 8-year-old child who was reported missing told KXLY4 Sunday night that the little boy was found and is safe at home. His father has been arrested, according to Spokane Police.
Authorities were searching for Brenden Hall and his father Anthony E. Hall over the weekend. Anthony Hall reportedly took his son from his mother's home on Friday. Brenden Hall's other family members were concerned for the child's safety.
Spokane Police said an off-duty police officer and citizen both spotted the motorhome Anthony Hall was believed to be driving, near Trent and Fancher.
Numerous resources responded, including undercover officers and an armored vehicle, because Anthony Hall was believed to have a firearm on him. He was safely taken into custody Sunday night during a traffic stop on Rutter Way, near Felts Field.
SPD said Anthony Hall was arrested and booked into jail. The investigation is ongoing.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane City Council doubles funding to remove abandoned, nuisance RVs
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery Building New Location
- Local numbers from the 'Clear the Shelters' nationwide event have been released
- New South Perry development features smart house technology, sustainable living
- Washington firefighter seeks damages for on-job injuries
- Collaboration, community the focus of new Spokane cohousing development