WALLACE, Idaho - A fake $100 bill was found laying on the ground in the Wallace area.
The fake bill appeared at first glance to real, but, according to the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office, had "red Chinese-type lettering on both sides of the bill." These bills are used for training purposes in China and other places and are easily accessed from the internet.
This is the second time the Sheriff's Office has encountered these types of "fake money."
The Sheriff's Office issued a warning to people to to verify you are receiving real money.
- City of Spokane to launch bike-share program
- Suicide prevention signs hung on Monroe Street Bridge
- BLM temporarily bans target shooting in eastern Washington
- WSU welcomes largest freshman class in history
- Lake City HS football team travels to Wallace to escape poor air quality
- Lumber truck overturns on Idaho State Highway 11