ROCKFORD, Wash. - It's been a tough year for students at Freeman High School after a gunman opened fire inside the school last September, killing one student and wounding three others.
As the community continues to recover from the tragic shooting, KXLY 4's Mark Peterson and the Extreme Team surprised Freeman students Friday afternoon during an assembly for a special announcement.
With help from the Extreme Team and Hometown Chevrolet Dealers, the Freeman Scotties will get their baseball field renovated this spring.
Built on clay, the current baseball field suffers from major drainage issues. Puddles of water fill the infield and outfield which has forced the baseball team to play some of their home games away from Freeman in the past.
Head Coach Chad Ripke said it's "a dream come true" to get the field renovated so that the kids can be proud of their home ballpark.
- Free child vaccination clinics
- iOS 12.0 offers method to track phone use
- Marriage of Figaro opens this weekend at the Fox
- Authorities still working to determine identity of woman found in Spokane River
- Cheap movie tickets at Garland Theater tonight!
- Body camera footage released from officer-involved shooting during domestic violence investigation