An expansion project is in the works at the Southside Aquatics Facility at Prairie View Park.
Spokane County approved an agreement with Wesslen Consctuction Inc. on Tuesday to expand aquatics amenties at the center. The $916,000 enhancement project will use funds from Real Estate Excise Tax funds.
Included in the expansion will be two additional water slides, an expanded pool deck, and added umbrella areas for shade. The project will also include repairs to the lazy river, as well as imrpvements inside the pool’s equipment room.
“The addition of these exciting water slides and expanded pool deck will help set this facility apart from other community pools in the area.” Said Kris Krohn, Park Planner and Landscape Architect for Spokane County Parks.
Construction is expected to break ground after the 2019 aquatics season.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Spokane grandmother attacked by dogs in her own backyard
- 'This system is sick': family of man killed by SPD reacts to decision not to charge officer
- Gov. Jay Inslee drops out of the 2020 Democratic presidential race
- SPD searching for suspect in shooting near Post and Chelan
- Let 4 News Now's Daily Local newsletter get you ready for back to school!
- Coeur d'Alene Police searching for suspect in grocery store robbery