SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Evergreen overpass along I-90 in Spokane Valley was struck Thursday, resulting in damage to the bridge.
The Washington Department of Transportation said the strike was from an excavator on the bed of a truck and happened as the truck was traveling westbound on the highway. The bridge has a minimum of 16’8”.
We have had another bridge strike. This happened yesterday at the Evergreen overpass crossing in Spokane Valley heading WB on I-90. The bridge has a minimum of 16ft 8in. There was damage reported as you can see in the pictures from the strike. pic.twitter.com/xeBrtwkfc3— WSDOT East (@WSDOT_East) July 12, 2019
WSDOT said crews assessed the damage Thursday and found strands to be intact. With that, they believe the damage to be just minor concrete damage.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
Alaska Airlines apologizes to family for leaving 13-year-old unattended on flight
- The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
- Detectives searching for man who fired gun at Spokane Valley house
- Registered sex offender moves to Soap Lake
- Boater dies in crash at Thunder on the Snake boat races
- City crews responding to water main break on NW Blvd
- MultiCare creates virtual and in-home programs to serve Inland Northwest's seniors