SPOKANE, Wash. - Eastern Washington University and the City of Spokane held a celebration today in honor of the EWU Eagles' football season. The event, which started at 2:00 p.m. in the atrium of River Park Square, featured speeches from coaches and players. The band and cheerleading squad also performed.
The City of Spokane announced during the celebration that starting today, the EWU Eags would be Spokane County's official football team. The proclamation was signed by the Spokane County Board of Commissioners.
Although the Eags fell to the North Dakota State University Bison in the FCS Championship game last weekend, players and coaches say they still have a lot to celebrate.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Providence adds first hospital-based K9 force in Washington State
- "Blue Zoo" interactive aquarium coming to Spokane
- Public Facilities District approves sports complex
- Spokane Police Officer named in Jan. 7 shooting
- Bomb threat clears high school, officials speculate incident was a 'prank'
- Spokane icon gets new look