GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - A Ephrata man is dead after a two-vehicle collision Friday east of Quincy.
61-year-old Kelly D. Norris was driving a 2009 Honda Accord around 3 p.m. when he collided with a 1998 Chevy Malibu driven by 32-year old Genaro Vazquez Visoso of Royal City.
Grant County Sheriff's deputies say Vazquez was driving south on Road K-Northewst at a high speed and didn't stop at the interesection with Road 9-Northwest, colliding with Norris who was driving east on Road 9. Both vehicles came to a stop in a field southeast of the intersection, and Vazquez's car caught fire.
Vazquez was remove from his car and suffered critical injuries. He was taken by ambulance to Quincy Valley Medical Center, then transferred to another hospital for treatment.
Norris died at the scene.
The Sheriff's Motor Traffic Unit is investigating the crash.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW