HAUSER, Idaho - On Saturday, Idaho State Police had a run in with a group of elk on Highway 53 near the Washington/Idaho border.
The meeting, however, was quite comical.
During the efforts to clear the elk from the roadway, one of the younger elk stuck its head in the window of Trooper Branch's cruiser. She quickly snapped the above photo which is now going viral.
Michelle Janshen, having pulled over to let ISP deal with the situation, also pulled out her phone to capture the hilarity that ensued.
The elk were eventually shooed away from the highway. No one nor any animal was hurt during the situation.
- Spokane friends' life-long game of tag made into Hollywood movie
- Gonzaga's Graduate Accounting ranked 13th best in nation
- Fear grows among business owners as construction looms on North Monroe
- Renovation project brings new life to East Sprague
- Trial underway for woman accused of murder plot against husband
- Air 4 Adventure: First day of spring