SPOKANE, Wash. - Quick work by Spokane firefighters prevented extensive damage at Aces Casino Saturday night when a fire broke out.
The Spokane Fire Department responded to reports of smoke coming from near the roof of the building at about 9:20 p.m. The building was immediately evacuated and road closures were in place, temporarily impacting North Division St. and East Francis Ave. SFD reports the fire was caused by an issue with an electrical box that powers exterior neon lights on the building.
Fire officials say the damage was minimal and restricted to the exterior of the building. No one was injured in this fire. All road closures have been removed.
- Man caught on camera stealing pride flag from downtown bar
- Lake Coeur d'Alene Shoreline Clean up coming up
- Golf ball sized hail expected in Ferry County
- Level 3 sex offender released in Spokane area
- Coeur d'Alene man charged with raping one teen, imprisonment of another
- Washington AG announces lawsuit challenging Trump separation policy