TWISP, Washington - Early Tuesday morning a truck collided with a deer on State Route 153, five miles southeast of Twisp in Okanogan County.
Washington State Patrol Trooper Anderson said the driver of the truck was seriously injured in the crash. He or she was taken by life flight to Central Washington Hospital in Wentachee.
The driver's name and age have not been released.
Trooper Anderson said the crash should be a reminder to everyone to scan for deer and other wildlife while driving.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Help local kids in need and enjoy live music and classic cars at the same time at Country Cruisin'
- Police arrest two men suspected of shooting EWU football players
- Crews extinguish house fire in Emerson Garfield neighborhood
- 'We're going to follow the law,' Inslee responds to questions about security reimbursement
- Take your pup for a swim at local pools
- Top stories you need to know as you head into the weekend