LEWISTON, Idaho - On Friday at 5 p.m., Idaho State police responded to reports of a crash near Jacque's Spur.
A white 1995 Acura Integra was driving northbound on US95 milepost 293, just north of Culdesac, when it crashed.
Police identified the driver as 19-year-old Kenneth Mickelson of Lapwai, Idaho. Mickelson fell asleep at the wheel, drifting across the southbound lane, stuck a fence becoming airborne, and came to a stop against a boulder. The vehicles airbags deployed, and the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
EMS transported Mickelson to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Lewiston with non-life threatening injuries.
Police are continuing to investigate.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Deer Park woman struggles with permanent effects of West Nile Virus
Motorcyclist dies while swerving to avoid turkeys near Rathdrum
- Deer Park woman struggles with permanent effects of West Nile Virus
- Motorcyclist dies while swerving to avoid turkeys near Rathdrum
- Airplane makes emergency landing near Mineral Ridge
- Teen now murder suspect in West Central death
- Project ID director concerned about non-profit as new homeless shelter moves in next door
- WSU study finds that petting animals chemically reduces stress levels