MATTAWA, Wash. -
A driver was airlifted to a hospital on Tuesday when another driver failed to stop in a construction zone, causing a crash.
According to Washington State Patrol, 62-year-old Gaspar Mendoza was driving southbound on State Route 243 when he stopped at a construction zone near milepost 23. Alejandro Buenrostro, 43, was also driving southbound on State Route 243 when he failed to stop and his car struck Mendoza's.
Mendoza was airlifted to Central Washington Hospital, where he was treated for his injuries.
The accident is under investigation.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Work release suspended for convicted killer, former Spokane county deputy Tom Dibartolo
Leave the rain jacket at home! Nothin' but sunshine expected today
- Work release suspended for convicted killer, former Spokane county deputy Tom Dibartolo
- University of Utah students host walkout on anniversary of Lauren McCluskey's death
- Talking about suicide: local expert gives advice on starting the conversation
- Truck drives through barbed wire fence in fatal crash near Medical Lake
- Families can soon get up to 18 weeks of Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Shoshone Co. asks for $22M to build new jail and safety facility to replace old building