SPANGLE, Wash. - Liberty High School in south Spokane County went into a modified lockdown Monday morning for a scheduled locker check.
The district says the modified lockdown lasted about 20 minutes while trained dogs searched the lockers, hallway and bathrooms for any hazardous or illegal substances. There was nothing found.
The district is asking voters to pass a Safety and Security levy in the February 13 election.
Monday's search was in partnership with the Airway Heights Police Department and the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office.
- Man crosses center line, hits oncoming vehicle near Sagle
- 18 pounds of meth recovered from impounded car near Wenatchee
- March For Our Rights in Sandpoint counter-rally to March For Our Lives
- Small caliber casings found in locker room at Shadle Park High School
- Northwest Pet Expo gives local rescue groups chance to match animals in forever homes
- Air 4 Adventure: Spring skiing at Silver Mountain