SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Major Crimes Detectives are at a home in Spokane Valley where they say 27-year-old Mason Day shot his both his parents with a high-power pellet rifle early Wednesday morning.
The Spokane Valley Police Department reports Day first shot his mother in the leg just after 4:00 a.m. in their home on the 10000 block of E. Broadway. Day's father then stabbed his son, in an attempt to protect his wife.
In response, Day then shot his father in the neck and ran away from the home before calling 911 to report his father had stabbed him.
All three were taken to the hospital and are expected to survive
Detectives say day has a history of mental health problems. He has been booked into the Spokane County Jail and charged with two counts of 3rd degree assault and one count of interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.
He should face a judge today.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Visit a national park this Saturday, free of charge
- Nurse shifts would be limited to 8 hours under new Washington bill
- Charity bike ride raises $36K to support Kootenai Co. first responders
- Cleanup planned for trash along Spokane River
- Blue Zoo Spokane releases annual pass prices
- Spokane alpinist feared dead in Canadian avalanche