SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the death of a woman found Wednesday afternoon in an apartment located in the 4900 block of E. Upriver Drive.
Initially called to the complex to check on the welfare of a woman, police entered the apartment and were confronted by a man who, they say, was behaving uncooperatively.
A deeper search of the apartment led deputies to find a dead woman. Major Crimes Detectives were called for further investigation.
The uncooperative man was arrested for an unrelated felony warrant, and is currently being interviewed by SCSO detectives. Police say that, while he hasn't been connected to the woman's death, he is considered a suspect.
While nothing has been released in regard to the death of the woman, the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office plans to release information as it becomes available.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- One driver dead in crash near Tensed
- Spokane Valley shooting witness: 'You just don't think it's going to happen where you are'
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Mike Leach by former WSU football player
- #happylife: 'School Shoes for Kids' drive makes sure every student has a pair of sneaks