SPOKANE, Wash. - Former Spokane Mayor David Rodgers passed away Tuesday with his family by his side.
He was 93.
Rodgers was elected in 1967 and served until 1978.
During his time as mayor, Spokane hosted Expo '74, which ultimately lead to the creation of Riverfront Park.
Rodgers also served one year on the City Council.
“Our family appreciates all of the thoughts, prayers and well-wishes from the community during this difficult time,” said Rodgers’ son, Brian, one of six children. “The love and support is a great tribute.”
- SPD investigating several purse-snatchings in retail parking lots
- Both missing Bonners Ferry girls found safe
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient