ELLENSBURG, Wash. - UPDATE: Just before 7 p.m., CWU tweeted that no injuries have been reported at this time.
We have no reports of any injuries at this time. #CWUActiveShooter— CWU (@CentralWashU) February 7, 2019
ORIGINAL STORY: There has been a report of an active shooter on the Central Washington University campus in Ellensburg, Washington.
A text message alert was sent just minutes ago telling students to stay out of the area of Lind Hall.
CWU Police & Parking confirmed the report in a tweet:
CWU Alert: There has been a report of an active shooter in the area of Lind Hall on CWU Ellensburg Campus. Stay out of the area.— CWU Police & Parking (@cwu_police) February 7, 2019
Later, CWU tweeted about the situation as well:
We are still doing a search of campus buildings and asking students and those on campus to stay where they are. We have received a report of an active shooter in the area of Lind Hall on the CWU Ellensburg campus. Stay out of the way. #CWUActiveShooter— CWU (@CentralWashU) February 7, 2019
This is a developing story. We will update it when more details become available.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Grocery Outlet to open Cheney location this week
- Newly-elected officials push for new downtown police precinct
- Flatstick Pub in Spokane celebrates owner's hometown (hint: it's the INW)
- 'They can get away with it': 14-time convicted felon arrested for car theft while awaiting trial
- Gonzaga's Killian Tillie makes season debut for tonight's game
- Decorate your own donut- for free!- this weekend at Donut Parade