POST FALLS, Idaho - A wanted man is in custody Wednesday after an hours-long standoff in Post Falls.
At about 1:00 p.m. Kootenai County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a domestic violence situation near Greensferry Road in post falls.
While investigating, they discovered the man in question had three outstanding probation violation arrest warrants.
39-year-old Jeremy Wilhelm of Post Falls was wanted for attempted strangulation, aggravated battery and a DUI.
Upon learning that information, a SWAT team was called in to help arrest him.
For five hours, law enforcement blocked off the area.
At 6:30 p.m. they succeeded, taking Wilhelm safely into custody.
Wilhelm was booked into the Kootenai County Jail for those three probation violations.
Additional charges related to the domestic violence incident could be filed when the investigation is completed.
Wilhelm has an extensive criminal history dating back at least 16 years.
Some of his priors include other DUIs, Violation of a No Contact Order, and Domestic Battery.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family