GEORGE, Wash. - Arrests have been made in connection with the shooting death of 31-year-old Jill Marie Sundberg, whose body was found 1.5 miles west of Silica Road around 12:25pm on December 22, 2016.
A team consisting of Grant County Sheriff’s Office Detectives/Deputies, Interagency Narcotics Enforcement (INET) Detectives, U.S. Marshalls, all worked together during the investigation and subsequent arrest of:
• Gustavo Tapia Rodriguez, and alleged shooter, age 39, charged with murder in the first degree and kidnapping in the first degree;
• Ambrosio Mendez Villanueva, age 25, charged with murder in the first degree and kidnapping in the first degree;
• Julio Mendez Villanueva, age 25, charged with murder in the first degree and kidnapping in the first degree;
• Fernando Marcos Gutierrez, age 33, been charged with being a material witness along with immigration charges;
• Salvador Espinoz a Gomez, age 24, charged with being a material witness, and possession of a firearm, drug charges, as well as immigration charges.
According to multiple witness accounts, the victim, Jill Sundberg, was in an argument with the alleged shooter, Gustavo Tapia Rodriguez, at the Shady Tree RV Park, on the evening in question. Shortly after the argument, she was reportedly taken against her will to the location where her body was later discovered. She was reportedly shot 13 times by the alleged shooter.
Sheriff Tom Jones said, “This was an immense collaborative effort between responding agencies. Our sincerest thanks to all and continued prayers to the Sundberg family for their senseless loss.”
Idaho man sentenced to 45 years in prison for child's death
Post Falls man sentenced after 7th DUI conviction
- Detectives identify Cenex visitors from around time of sexual assault
- SCRAPS volunteer gets surprise marriage proposal
- Legendary Brazilian musician to play the Fox
- Cheney police find suicidal person dead in vehicle
- Investigators searching social media accounts of suspected Freeman shooter
- GEG sets passenger, cargo records in 2017