SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police confirmed they pulled a body from the Spokane River near the Mobius Children's Museum Tuesday morning.
Spokane Police, Major Crimes investigators and the Spokane County Medical Examiner responded to the scene. According to a release sent Tuesday afternoon, Major Crimes detectives have begun an investigation for the unattended death.
Authorities have not released the gender or age of the deceased person.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office will relese the name of the decendent at a later time.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Local firefighters experiencing volunteer shortage
- New Zealand Track and Field Olympian, Anne Audain, builds legacy at Spokane's Bloomsday
- South Hill Library to host climate change series through October
- UW medical students recruit bone marrow donors for Be the Match
- City tests new technique to repair Spokane's streets
- Washington pup racks up 8M views on Instagram