CATALDO, Idaho - The CCC Fire near Cataldo was fully contained as of Thursday morning. Fire crews said 450 acres were burned.
Smoke from smoldering interior fuels will be visible well past the point of containment, crews said. Fire authorities said the smoke poses no threat to the area outside containment lines and mop up operations are underway.
CCC Road from Cataldo to Wall Ridge Road, the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes from Cataldo to Kingston, and FS Road #259 on the backside of Cataldo Mountain will remain close.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Need a photo with Santa? There will be plenty to choose from at this year's Santacon
- Coeur d'Alene Police Department awarded for keeping Idaho drivers safe
- Spokane Police searching for suspect who robbed Walgreens at gunpoint
- Portion of Hangman Valley Road reopens following rollover crash
- Tour bus driver killed in Quincy crash identified as 71-year-old Spokane man
- Thief steals Spokane father's truck with his entire business in the back