CATALDO, Idaho - The CCC Fire near Cataldo was fully contained as of Thursday morning. Fire crews said 450 acres were burned.
Smoke from smoldering interior fuels will be visible well past the point of containment, crews said. Fire authorities said the smoke poses no threat to the area outside containment lines and mop up operations are underway.
CCC Road from Cataldo to Wall Ridge Road, the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes from Cataldo to Kingston, and FS Road #259 on the backside of Cataldo Mountain will remain close.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Missing 75-year-old woman found safe
- Police arrest ten time convicted felon during traffic stop
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash