CHENEY, Wash. - As of 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, the Silver Lake Fire near Cheney is estimated at 100 acres and is about 20% contained. Fire crews say they have a line all the way around the fire and it's no longer growing.
Firefighters and resources from 11 different agencies responded to the fire Monday afternoon around 1:10 p.m. About 100 personnel are still on scene working to get the fire completely out.
One outbuilding was burned. As of the last update, no changes to evacuations have been issued. Level 2 notices remain in effect for about 30 homes. The fire burned in fields and forest lands, fire spread was carried by dry grasses and pine needles.
I-90 was completely shut down for a period of time just after the fire began, but both lanes are now open. Fire crews warn there could be smoke over the highway today.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
DNA analysts take stand for former police sergeant's sexual misconduct trial
New affordable housing complex underway in Hillyard neighborhood
- DNA analysts take stand for former police sergeant's sexual misconduct trial
- Man survives crash after truck rolls 100 yards down hill
- McMorris Rodgers joins other representatives in introducing BOUND Act for Canadian border staffing
- 'JessFest' climbing competition to celebrate Jess Roskelley, raise money for Deep Creek trailhead
- Homeowners say City of Spokane won't do anything about trash build-up in neighbor's yard
- Officers involved in deadly Coeur d'Alene shooting identified