CHELAN, Wash. - Fire crews contained a wildfire in Chelan County Saturday.
The Upper Joe Fire was first reported around 3:00 p.m. near Upper Joe Creek and Grade Creek Road. Manson firefighters and a helicopter from Chelan County Fire District 1 worked to get the fire under control.
A Level 1 fire advisory was put into effect Saturday afternoon for Canyon Ranch Road but as of 7:43 p.m. the Department of Natural Resources said the fire was 100% lined and in mop-up stage.
The fire was officially estimated at 14.5 acres.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from 4 News Now. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Work release inmate walks away from Valley Hospital
- AMBER alert canceled, 4-year-old Pocatello girl found safe
- You can now ask Alexa for 4 News Now flash briefings
- Iconic Shogun restaurant reopening Monday after devastating fire
- Donations pour in for community without water for nearly two weeks
- Spokane NAACP, city leaders call for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation