119 gallons of diesel was spilled onto Interstate 90 near Coeur d'Alene Wednesday afternoon after a Freightliner lost control on the road.
Idaho State Police investigated the crash on eastbound I-90 at milepost 18.6 east of Coeur d'Alene when Wayne O. Richins, 61, of Idaho Falls, lost control of his 2006 Freightliner tractor which was pulling a 2013 Hyundai semi trailer. Richins hit the barrier on the south side of I-90, striking the fuel tank and forcing it to rupture.
The tank spilled approximately 119 gallons of diesel onto the freeway.
Richins was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
At this time, clean-up crews are still on scene handling the spill.
- Student strangers become friends planning March For Our Lives Spokane
- Suspect on the loose after hours-long standoff
- Jersey Mikes donates all sales to Providence Health Care Foundation
- Body found at Winchester State Park
- Interior Secretary and Spokane Tribe discuss opioid crisis, Grand Coulee Dam compensation
- Wake Up Call to offer puppaccinos on National Puppy Day