SPOKANE, Wash. - Thursday morning around 5:48 a.m., Washington State Patrol responded to a traffic accident at milepost 235 on I-90 near Ritzville.
The driver, Samuel R. Pernell, and passenger, Jolene E. Swan, were traveling westbound in a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado.
Due to excessive speed, the vehicle began to rotate clockwise and left the roadway to the north.
The truck rolled over and ejected Swan from the cab.
The truck came to rest on its left side, facing north.
Authorities determined that the vehicle was moving too fast for the conditions of the roadway.
Pernell was transported to East Adams Rural Hospital in Ritzville. Swan was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Authorities do not know if drugs or alcohol were involved.
Officer John Scott fired from Spokane Police Department
Spokane man sentenced to 11 years in prison for child pornography possession
- Officer John Scott fired from Spokane Police Department
- Spokane man sentenced to 11 years in prison for child pornography possession
- Wild Waters waterpark is being demolished
- Beatles Fantasy Tribute tour coming to Spokane
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell to speak at Whitworth University
- Detectives arrest more suspects in Red Top Motel investigation