TENSED, Idaho - Idaho State Police have confirmed one driver is dead and two others are in the hospital with serious injuries in a crash near Tensed on Friday.
According to ISP, a pickup truck collided with a semi truck on US 95 at milepost 378 in Benewah County around 1 p.m.
Troopers said both trucks were fully engulfed in fire and the driver of the pickup truck died at the scene. The driver of the semi truck, 53-year-old Walter Chappell, was air lifted to the hospital, and the truck's passenger, 49-year-old Danny Moore, was transported by ambulance.
Northbound and southbound lanes of US 95 are blocked while investigation continues.
The crash this afternoon on US95 @ milepost 378 in Tensed was a fatality crash with 2 other serious injuries. pic.twitter.com/BGqEttwSAl— Idaho State Police (@ispdistrict1) August 3, 2019
Drivers are asked to avoid the area.
Today will be the warmest day for the near future
Even an unusual Trump-Powell meeting can't spook investors right now
- Grocery Outlet to open Cheney location this week
- Newly-elected officials push for new downtown police precinct
- Flatstick Pub in Spokane celebrates owner's hometown (hint: it's the INW)
- 'They can get away with it': 14-time convicted felon arrested for car theft while awaiting trial
- Gonzaga's Killian Tillie makes season debut for tonight's game
- Decorate your own donut- for free!- this weekend at Donut Parade